livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Jerry Baker

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Catherine Fenner" <c1fenner@comcast.net>
  • To: "'Healthy soil and sustainable growing'" <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Jerry Baker
  • Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 12:58:19 -0700

USDA certifies master gardeners?

In my neck of the woods anyone qualified to be called a master gardener holds certification as a volunteer for universities/county and state agriculture. I'm in the states. Are there other types of people trained for that title in other areas of the US or internationally?

Part of the reason that I ask is that I see a lot of people calling themselves master gardeners who don't have any training or certification. It's a self-branding type of thing. When someone offers me that title I ask what college or university and county they volunteered for.

Catherine