livingontheland - Re: [Livingontheland] Seed sources. Was: Jerry Baker

livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Healthy soil and sustainable growing

  • From: "Patricia Ruggiero" <ruggierop@earthlink.net>
  • To: "'Healthy soil and sustainable growing'" <livingontheland@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Livingontheland] Seed sources. Was: Jerry Baker
  • Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 14:07:55 -0500

Laura wrote:

> Organically raised seeds are adapted to organic practices. If you are
> organic, using organic seeds would probably be helpful.

Laura, I can't remember who told us that, and that hybrid seeds do better
under a "conventional" regime, but it's something I would like to understand
better. Exactly why is this so?

When I gave my compost class a few weeks ago, I wanted to bring in this
piece of information; but, not having facts to back me up, I didn't. (I'll
have other opportunities, I'm sure.)

Pat