internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Diverge [was: Brazilian String Bikinis]

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Magnus <magnus AT trilug.org>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Diverge [was: Brazilian String Bikinis]
  • Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2007 13:02:41 -0400

matusiak wrote:
> For the record, I have not checked on the NO-MAIL status of our
> friend Robert Kim Wireless Internet Advisor.

The person who seems to have legit claim to that name/address is
actually not even in the Triangle (surprise):

> Robert Q Kim, Wireless Internet Advisor
> http://wireless-internet-coverage.blogspot.com
> http://evdo-coverage.com
> 2611 S. Pacific Coast Highway 101
> Suite 203
> Cardiff by the Sea, CA 92007
> 206 984 0880

But the same thing was sent by someone to another mailing list, using
the same "From" header but a different signature:

> Gary Donovan, Senior Programmer
> http://evdo-coverage.com/satellite-wireless-internet.html
> http://iptv-coverage.com http://wimax-coverage.com
> 2611 S. Pacific Coast Highway 101
> Suite 203
> Cardiff by the Sea, CA 92007
> 206 984 0880

Same postal address, phone number, etc.

I've also found examples of the same name being used to inject similar
web site URL's into IT-related mailing lists.

http://www.techlists.org/archives/security/fulldisclosure/2006-05/msg00462.shtml

Oh and big surprise:
https://lists.ibiblio.org/sympa/arc/internetworkers/2007-February/023577.html

It's very telling that this person has done a simple dump & run here
without participating in the mess they started.