internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Brazilian String Bikinis - OT?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Tanner Lovelace" <clubjuggler AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Brazilian String Bikinis - OT?
  • Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2007 11:45:06 -0400

On 6/5/07, zman <zman AT shell.neverwhere.org> wrote:
On Tue, 5 Jun 2007, Tanner Lovelace wrote:
> So, how is it rational to kill yourself? Because that's what smoking does.
> Not only does it kill you, but it kills the people around you who have to
> breathe your smoke. Is this the mark of someone rational? Somehow
> I don't think so.

I can say the same thing about so many other things. Eating anything with
high levels of high fructose corn syrup (it's related to the onset of
diabetes). Maybe you shold lock yourself up in your house and never
venture out.

Scott, note that I wasn't arguing one way or another what you should
be able to do in your bar. I was only pointing out that Magnus's implied
claim of being rational was just smoke and mirrors.

And, yes, you are correct that too much high fructose corn syrup is
bad for you. Too much of anything, even water, is bad for you. The
difference is that smoke, especially 2nd hand smoke, has no redeeming
values, while other things, like water, do.

Tanner

--
Tanner Lovelace
clubjuggler at gmail dot com