internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Diverge [was: Brazilian String Bikinis]

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Scott Lundgren <internetworkers AT capitalfellow.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Diverge [was: Brazilian String Bikinis]
  • Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2007 13:48:46 -0400

On Jun 5, 2007, at 1:32 PM, Jim Allman wrote:

I like the chummy taglines after some of his spammier posts, like
"Better tell the guys those TPS reports will be late". WTF?

Jim,

Do yourself a Whiskey Tango Foxtrot favor tonight. Go to your nearest locally owned independent video store, publicly traded internet DVD/ windows-only-video-on-demand movie rental service, or if you haven't kicked a baby harp seal today Blockbuster or Big Box retailer. Buy, rent or steal (only while humming any song but THAT one off of the album Ritual de lo Habitual) the film: Office Space. You'll be glad you did.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0151804/quotes

Dom Portwood: Hi, Peter. What's happening? We need to talk about your TPS reports.
Peter Gibbons: Yeah. The coversheet. I know, I know. Uh, Bill talked to me about it.
Dom Portwood: Yeah. Did you get that memo?
Peter Gibbons: Yeah. I got the memo. And I understand the policy. And the problem is just that I forgot the one time. And I've already taken care of it so it's not even really a problem anymore.
Dom Portwood: Ah! Yeah. It's just we're putting new coversheets on all the TPS reports before they go out now. So if you could go ahead and try to remember to do that from now on, that'd be great. All right!

- SL