internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] iPhone?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Shea Tisdale" <shea AT sheatisdale.com>
  • To: "'Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/'" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] iPhone?
  • Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 18:59:37 -0500

I have the Microsoft equivalent in the form of a Cingular 8525 (HTC TyTN).
It has pretty much all of the features for the roughly the same price, but
it lacks the Ipod interface and the 4 or 8gb memory. But I do have 3G which
gets me 600-900kbs.

When Apple gets the 3G in the iPhone I'll definitely consider it as it seems
to have the standard impeccable design I expect from Apple, whereas the
Microsoft PocketPC type devices like mine are not well designed.

I'm also not all the shocked to see that Apple has instantly jumped into the
market and generated more interest that Microsoft has in 4 years of offering
smartphone type devices like mine.

I saw someone mention GPS and that is one thing I use mine for all the time.
I have the entire US loaded on mine and run TomTom using a Bluetooth GPS
receiver. It's awesome.