internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] iPhone?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Greg Cox <glcox AT pobox.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] iPhone?
  • Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 10:16:43 -0500 (EST)

I followed the keynote reports, and was ready to buy one yesterday
until I learned they would not be available until June, and were $600.

Y'know, I wonder if that's not smart. 5 months seems like forever, but,
if it launched today, you'd lose non-Cingular customers who can't/won't
break a contract. Now you have people who are under contract saying,
"well, it's expensive, but I can save for a bit, and my contract's up
in [whenever], so I can hold out for a new phone!"