internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] multiple language website?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Scott Lundgren <internetworkers AT capitalfellow.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] multiple language website?
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 11:03:01 -0500

Hey, I've actually got an "internet/web" question. What are people
doing for multiple language support? Is there some sort of automatic
translation that works, or do you have to basically mirror the entire
site and translate everything by hand?

Probably depends on how much content you have/plan to have. For a static site you would probably mirror the whole site and have each site translated. Or if you have the architecture flexibility (ie: the site is separated into content, layout templates, rendering ) there's some articles on ora.com under "internalization" or "localization" pick your website implementation language (JSP, PHP, PERL, etc). Another term for googling is "I18N"

- SL