internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Need Help Troubleshooting HTML Page

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Steven Champeon <schampeo AT hesketh.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Need Help Troubleshooting HTML Page
  • Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 10:52:18 -0500

on Tue, Dec 13, 2005 at 08:52:15AM -0500, Susan LaBarre wrote:
> Well, I've fixed all comments and Netscape flags. My DW validator shows a
> clean page... yet when I view source online, I see two large sections being
> commented out. I haven't a clue what is wrong here.
>
> Appreciate any support (kind vs condescending is always much nicer) you can
> offer.
>
> http://www.wildwackywonderfulwomenoftheworld.org/wcwc/holidaycatalog1.htm

Hi, Susan -

You're not validating your page, you're sending it through what is more
properly known as a "lint" - and it's still very broken, in the same way
that it was before, as you can see from the output from a real validator:

http://www.htmlhelp.com/cgi-bin/validate.cgi?url=http://www.wildwackywonderfulwomenoftheworld.org/wcwc/holidaycatalog1.htm

Or, if you prefer,

http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http://www.wildwackywonderfulwomenoftheworld.org/wcwc/holidaycatalog1.htm

Actually fix yer comments, and you'll fix the problem.

HTH,
Steve

antispam news, solutions for sendmail, exim, postfix: http://enemieslist.com/