internetworkers - [internetworkers] carpenter

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Lyman Green" <lymang AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [internetworkers] carpenter
  • Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2005 01:56:06 -0500

I am thinking about employing a carpenter for a few tasks that I could probably do myself but they'd look crappy and take me a long time. The looking crappy I don't mind so much, but the long time thing bothers me. Does anyone know a carpenter/handyman who they would recommend?

An example of an item on my list:

Rehang a door. I would like to flip the door around and have it opening out of the room instead of into the room. I know I could take the door and associated hardware off and I could then fake cutting/drilling the appropriate grooves/holes in the other side of the doorframe but I bet it would look crappy and it definitely would be pretty time consuming. I am almost certain a carpenter/handyman would have the tools required and or would know something I don't about doing it in a more simple manner. Plus they'll do it quicker.

Reply here or to my email, your choice.

Lyman