internetworkers - [internetworkers] Need Help Troubleshooting HTML Page

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Susan LaBarre" <idodesign AT earthlink.net>
  • To: <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [internetworkers] Need Help Troubleshooting HTML Page
  • Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 00:34:06 -0500

Hi Folks,
I'm doing a website for the Women's Center of Wake County and we're in the
alpha testing stage right now. I'm having some display omissions with
Netscape where the page is displaying properly in IE (haven't tested in
other browsers yet). Can someone help me determine why on the page for their
holiday cards (link below), neither the top line of page links nor the
middle cards display in Netscape... while they show up in Explorer. The
Dreamweaver validation tool does not show any html errors (just some xthml
violations)... so I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I also validated it in
Homesite but it doesn't show unclosed tags either.

Also, if anyone knows an easier method of coding multiple quantities and
prices for each card than the way I figured it out, I'd welcome any
suggestions. I don't hand code java... it's all generated via Fireworks and
DW.

The site is being staged on another group's server. We're hoping to go live
within the next few days so any help in troubleshooting this would be
appreciated sooner than later.

Here's the staging site:
http://www.wildwackywonderfulwomenoftheworld.org/wcwc/holidaycatalog1.htm

Here's their current site, if anyone's curious about how dramatic the
makeover is (and it's pretty dramatic!)

www.wcwc.org

Thanks in advance.

Susan LaBarre