internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] YAY Orange County! We're Number One!!

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Scott Lundgren <internetworkers AT capitalfellow.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] YAY Orange County! We're Number One!!
  • Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2005 17:57:52 -0500

On Dec 09, 2005, at 4:57 PM, matusiak wrote:

... in cost of living, that is. D'Oh!

http://www.newsobserver.com/125/story/375807.html

Nearly half of North Carolina's 1 million families are not earning
enough money to meet their basic needs, a new study shows.

I'm not living in Orange County. What makes it so expensive to live there? The article cited "The reason it costs more to live in Orange than other counties in the state is that it has the highest child-care market rate and the highest housing market rate in North Carolina, Schmidt said.". Is it simply The OC's schools are better therefore it creates demand and higher pricing on the existing housing? Is no new housing being added or is simply no housing being added at the low end of cost?

- SL