internetworkers - RE: [internetworkers] why not a mac?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Michael Best" <mbest AT dasya.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [internetworkers] why not a mac?
  • Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2004 22:37:42 -0500

I grew up with PC's. I'm familiar with Windows, DOS, Linux & Unix, even
OS/2. The few times I've used Macs, I think, "What's all the fuss about?"

I currently have two computers, a tower running Windows 2000 that I've
progressively upgraded over the years and a notebook running XP, a Fujitsu
Lifebook P5010D. Plus I run a server with both Windows 2000 Server and
Gentoo Linux.

My wife and kids also have computers with either Windows 98 or 95.

Basically I've never had an interest in moving to Apple and it also wouldn't
be useful in my work. Most of my customers use Windows and run Windows
servers, so the software I write primarily must work on Windows.

-- Michael Best