internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Bush's bulge bothers bloggers (and others)

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Don Rua" <rua AT mindspring.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Bush's bulge bothers bloggers (and others)
  • Date: Sat, 9 Oct 2004 04:56:27 -0400

I don't think Bush would have sounded so stupid if he was cheating. I suppose maybe while he was trying to talk, people were chatting away in his ear, and it made him stumble. Just watch the National Geographic special on Kerry's team rigging the convention floor response, and you shouldn't care too much about 'faking' responses too much. It's all dancing for the media and spin doctors. The next day, the most notable conversations were who "looked" good, or who "spoke" well, not their accomplishments. For the life of me, I don't see why he doesn't see obvious answers right in front of his face with or without cheating.

For example, Kerry went on the attack about Iran being a danger tonight, and how we've done nothing to make the world safer. This just astounds me. You find any world pundit four years ago, and you tell them that very soon Iran will have a nuclear weapons program, (this wasn't an overnight decision on their part, IMO), BUT, that no sooner than Iran starts this foolishness, that there will be new democratic governments in Afghan and Iraq. Tell these pundits that out of all the places in the world for American military to be, that we will be on two sides of Iran, with Pakistan publicly cooperating with our CIA, and with a clear notice that we can not only win in the desert, but we can defeat a large and battle hardened country while losing less than 500 soldiers. The pundits would have had you committed or tested for drugs. Not possible, they would say. Not in four years; no freaking way.

They would point to Russia's inability to tame Afghan, they would point to all the danger Saddam presents, they would have talked about how we wouldn't be allowed to just move into the Middle East so easily. Guess what? We did. You can disagree all you want with policy, and philosophy, but enormous action, coordination, and change has been affected. Saying that nothing has been done to deal with the threat of Iran I think is blind to geopolitical changes in the world. 911 was a huge game-changer for countries everywhere. The rapid toppling of the Taliban by multi-national forces, and a blazingly swift victory in Iraq, were every bit as shocking and bubble-popping to other dictators and enablers.

If Kerry were in charge, I think Iran and Iraq would be more dangerous and bold  today, because I don't believe for a minute that Kerry goes to war. I think Saddam plays him, while Iran, Syria, Libya, and Egypt snickers, and makes themselves stronger for their next outburst. Meanwhile, they help promote the "acceptable" complete annihilation of Israel, and blocking of any solid western accomplishments in the Arab block. All while France, China and Russia get contracts from the Oil for Food scam, so the Security Council will be effectively 'bought" to prevent any action against Iraq.

Don