internetworkers - RE: [internetworkers] Bush's bulge bothers bloggers (and others)

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: burnett AT pobox.com
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: RE: [internetworkers] Bush's bulge bothers bloggers (and others)
  • Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2004 14:22:29 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 8 Oct 2004, Shea Tisdale wrote:

> Here is a site with an mp3 and video of a portion of the debate where Bush
> says "now let me finish" in the middle of a response like he was
> interrupted. Only thing is, he wasn't interrupted by anyone WE could hear.
>
> http://bellaciao.org/en/article.php3?id_article=3562

I watched the debate, and I remember that I was struck by that comment of
his: he wasn't out of time, I didn't see Kerry or the debate coordinator
make a physical gesture or other non-verbal reaction that I noticed, and
I thought the comment "now let me finish" had no justification that I
could see at the time.

A number of hypotheses advanced include:

a) "Other" (I always like to include "other" in a list of options)
b) bad camera angle and/or his suit bunched up
c) hearing aid/wireless audio feed from the debate control room console
d) wireless audio feed illegally used to cheat in the debate
e) he's hearing voices in his head that aren't coming from the illegal
radio in d)