internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] fahrenheit911, at a theater near you!

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Steven Champeon <schampeo AT hesketh.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] fahrenheit911, at a theater near you!
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 19:46:55 -0400

on Tue, Jun 22, 2004 at 04:57:54PM -0400, Jeremy Portzer wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-06-22 at 15:31, Lyman Green wrote:
> > There's a humorous moment where 1st graders in Worcester, MA
> > schools can't identify a fairly traditional looking picture of Jesus but
> > every one got Ronald McDonald correct. Sure, there's no way to know how
> > manipulated that scene was by Spurlock, but frankly, again I wasn't
> > surprised.
>
> Was the percentage that could identify Jesus correlated with the
> percentage that are Christians? This is a silly comparison. There's no
> reason the Jews, Muslims, atheists, agnostics, etc, in the room would
> have any idea how to recognize the traditional portrayal of Jesus.

Which traditional portrayal? The one where he looks like Albrecht Durer?
The one where he looks like Squiggy from Laverne and Shirley? The one
where he looks like I took too much acid and tried to eat an omelet? The
one where /he/ looks like he just took waaay too much speed and tried
to dress up like Mary Ann from Gilligan's Island? The black Jesus from the
intro to Good Times? etc. etc.

http://www.beloit.edu/~classics/main/courses/fyi2000/museum/unusual_jesus/
http://trinitywholesale.com/prints/religious/jesus_montage_chirst_child.htm

Nobody knows what Jesus looked like. And to test anyone's capabilities
on whether they recognize someone who NOBODY KNOWS WHAT THEY LOOKED LIKE
is kinda stupid. IMHO.

Buy "Cascading Style Sheets: Separating Content from Presentation, 2/e" today!
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/159059231X/heskecominc-20/ref=nosim/