internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] fahrenheit911, at a theater near you!

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Sarah Ovenall <sovenall AT nc.rr.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] fahrenheit911, at a theater near you!
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 17:54:29 -0400

Spurlock showed the children several portraits. Not just Jesus and Ronald McDonald but also Georg Washington and I think some others. I don't recall any of the kids knowing who Washington was, although of course we don't know how many kids were actually shown the photos, & whether any of the ones who didn't end up in the film did recognize the first president.

I also have to add that I was raised in an atheist family and at the age of those kids, I wouldn't have been able to identify a portrait of Jesus either. But I think that's fairly uncommon, the majority (if not the vast majority) of Americans self-identify as Christian.

Sarah