internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] fahrenheit911, at a theater near you!

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: quack AT ibiblio.org
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] fahrenheit911, at a theater near you!
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 17:06:03 -0400 (EDT)

Another Jeremy wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-06-22 at 16:22, quack AT ibiblio.org wrote:
>> MCW wrote:

>> > Now that's progress!
>> >

>> That's what I call No Child Left Behind!!
>
> Haven't you ever heard of the "separation of church and state?" (Yes, I
> realize it's a principle that isn't fully realized.) Why do you epxect
> that first graders should know who Jesus is when it's not taught (and
> certainly shouldn't be).

Sure, I've heard of it, but the folks in charge of "my" government sure
seem confused on the issue. Or are we forgetting those bits of rhetoric
espousing "one-nation-under-God", "in-God-we-trust", and
"don't-corrupt-the-sacred-institute-of-marriage"?

Following the rule in some situations but not others is just plain hypocrisy.

--s