internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] fahrenheit911, at a theater near you!

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Sarah Ovenall <sovenall AT nc.rr.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] fahrenheit911, at a theater near you!
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 15:46:21 -0400

I wasn't taking notes, but I'm pretty sure the end credits say that he only supersized 9 times during the month. I did notice that when they showed his food there was often a dessert visible, and the nutritionist asks him at one point to get the granola instead of the ice cream, which suggests that he was eating desserts regularly. I think he was eating excessive amounts on purpose -- not just "eating at McDonald's for 30 days" but "eating as much as possible at McDonald's for 30 days."

Also he makes a point of cutting back his physical activity to almost nothing, making the calorie imbalance even worse. No wonder by the end he can barely walk up a flight of stairs. It's pretty clear that he took things to extremes, but that doesn't invalidate the point that eating lots of junk food is bad for you.

--Sarah