internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] fahrenheit911, at a theater near you!

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Michael <michael AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] fahrenheit911, at a theater near you!
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 17:37:00 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 22 Jun 2004, Jeremy Portzer wrote:

> Was the percentage that could identify Jesus correlated with the
> percentage that are Christians? This is a silly comparison. There's no
> reason the Jews, Muslims, atheists, agnostics, etc, in the room would
> have any idea how to recognize the traditional portrayal of Jesus.

Right - because Christians are so good at keeping their religion
self-contained. There's no /way/ anyone who's not a Christian would know
what Jesus looks like. I mean, I wouldn't know him from Adam.

When the missionaries come around to my house, they're very polite about
everything - anything with a picture of Their Lord & Savior is all pixeled
out until I agree to listen.

--
Robust McManlyPants, AKA "Get off my desk
Michael Williams before you get them