internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] McDonalds

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Alan MacHett" <machett AT ibiblio.org>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] McDonalds
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 21:20:30 -0400 (EDT)

In reference to Don Rua's message:
> PS- On the SuperSize con: There is a long time RTP employee who I know
> went on a McDonald's only diet last fall. He lost 30+ pounds and increased
> his running distance. I watched him do it personally over a period of a
> few months, but that story would never win the Sundance festival or set
> records in Australia, I betcha. So, the question is, are people lining up
> to drop five bucks to hear truth, or are they salivating for evidence that
> Big Corp is responsible for their problems, and Nanny State needs to fix
> all.

just my $0.02 here:

Big Corp. *IS* bad. But you're absolutely right; as bad as any given Big
Corp. is, it still isn't responsible for an individual's stupidity in
regards to Big Corp. Most people don't have the common sense your RTP
friend did; they eat McD's five times a week and sit on their asses all
day. Exercise is the overriding factor in that equation; you can pretty
much eat whatever the hell you want as long as you get good exercise.

I still say Big Corp is bad, very bad; but it's not responsible for the
cartoonish Darwinian failures of individuals.

-Alan