internetworkers - RE: [internetworkers] Genetically modified foods - (was fahrenheit911, at a theater near you!)

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Shea Tisdale" <shea AT sheatisdale.com>
  • To: "'Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/'" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [internetworkers] Genetically modified foods - (was fahrenheit911, at a theater near you!)
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2004 10:27:57 -0400

Actually broccoli itself is a genetically modified food. It did not exist
in nature and probably would not have. It was created by a family member of
none other than Albert R. Broccoli (of James Bond fame) by crossing a pea
plant with a cauliflower plant.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2004/03/03/db0302.xml&s
Sheet=/portal/2004/03/03/ixportal.html

As far the genetically modified foods argument goes, I see this food as a
triumph. Scientists have identified numerous compounds in the broccoli
plant, especially baby broccoli, that have cancer fighting properties.

http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=foodspice&dbid=9