internetworkers - RE: [internetworkers] email service suggestions?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Jeremy Portzer <jeremyp AT pobox.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [internetworkers] email service suggestions?
  • Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 21:35:15 -0500

On Wed, 2004-02-25 at 21:24, Jeremy Portzer wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-02-25 at 19:05, Tony Spencer wrote:
> > They don't care. They are only aware of you and your account (all the
> > domains you registered with them).
> >
> > Additionally, their customer service is great. If you have a problem they
> > correct it and send you a very personal email within 24 hours (usually
> > from
> > Lucy).
> >
> > 000domains is owned by Tucows if that helps to boost the credibility.
>
> Are you sure about that? Or are they just using the Tucows reseller
> system for their domain registrations? Tucows has hundreds of reseller
> clients that use their system (called OpenSRS) -- another example is
> domaingeeks.com . See http://www.opensrs.org

Further digging reveals that 000domains.com is run by an outfit called
"R & K Global Business Services, Inc." and is its own ICANN accredited
registrar-- as best I can tell they are not an opensrs reseller; maybe
they were in the past?

R & K Global Business Services, Inc.
13200 West Markham St., Suite 104
Little Rock, AR 72211

I couldn't find any other information about the ownership, other than
this. That name and address (given on 000domains.com) matches a listing
in Dun & Bradstreet, so they certainly appear to be doing business under
that name. That doesn't necessarily mean they aren't owned by Tucows,
but it seems unlikely.

--Jeremy

| Jeremy Portzer jeremyp AT pobox.com trilug.org/~jeremy |
| GPG Fingerprint: 712D 77C7 AB2D 2130 989F E135 6F9F F7BC CC1A 7B92 |