internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Interesting SWF on the gay marriage thing.

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Michael Czeiszperger <michael AT czeiszperger.org>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Interesting SWF on the gay marriage thing.
  • Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 16:29:35 -0500

On Feb 23, 2004, at 4:19 PM, Shea Tisdale wrote:

So how would this fit with restrictions imposed on those who believe in
polygamy?

That depends on who brings the lawsuit. I believe any court would only give an opinion based on the case before it, and would restrict any opinions to the limited issue at hand. In other words, at least in my opinion there's no direct link between gay marriage and polygamy. As to the subject of whether polygamy should be legal I don't know enough about it to say one way or the other.

No one really knows how to play the drums. There's nothing to know. You just hit
them with sticks. If you miss, just sit closer. -- Pratchett
-- michael at czeiszperger dot org, Chapel Hill, NC