internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Interesting SWF on the gay marriage thing.

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Phillip Rhodes <mindcrime AT cpphacker.co.uk>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Interesting SWF on the gay marriage thing.
  • Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2004 16:40:49 -0500

Michael Czeiszperger wrote:

I believe this is the reason for the movement to introduce an amendment to the constitution regarding marriage.

Am I the only one who finds it slightly odd that there are
people in the world with nothing better to worry about - to
the degree that they want the Constitution amended over
this trivial bullshit?

I mean, for the love of (God | Satan | Allah | Bhudha | Daffy Duck |
Insert Anonymous Deity Here ) if we're going to bother amending the
Constitution, let's make it something useful... like imposing term
limits for congress or something to limit the ability of
special interest groups to influence the government.

If the government is going to be in the business of legalizing
marriage, there is no possible reasonable argument for limiting
marriage to heterosexual couples consisting of a man and a woman.
So let's go ahead and establish that current laws allow for gay marriages, or let's get the government out of the business of marriage
altogether.

TTYL,

Phil

--
When the 1st Amendment no longer protects your voice.
And when the 4th Amendment no longer protects your privacy or your stuff.

FREE AMERICA
Vote Libertarian
www.lp.org