internetworkers - [internetworkers] Re: Why home phone service at all?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Mark Turner <markt AT siteseers.net>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [internetworkers] Re: Why home phone service at all?
  • Date: Wed, 07 Jan 2004 11:26:48 -0500

Ian Meyer wrote:
argh, the nextels....i think anyone with a nextel phone should have to sit in a room full of other people talking on them for 2 hours before they can activate theirs, so they an see how terribly annoying they are

Not to mention dangerous.

True story:
I was on a phone call at the office a few weeks ago when a HVAC contractor working here got a call on his Nextel. My phone call instantly got bombarded with a loud buzzing sound which didn't stop until the contractor was out of the room, over FIFTY feet away. I've worked with radio for years and I'd never seen anything like that.

Imagine what all that RF energy is doing to his brain. I don't think I'll be using my mobile phone exclusively any time soon!

Cheers,
--
Mark Turner (N4JMT)
www.markturner.net