internetworkers - RE: [internetworkers] nc.rr.com

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "James Z. Godwin" <jzgodwin AT email.unc.edu>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [internetworkers] nc.rr.com
  • Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2004 09:17:21 -0500 (EST)

> My RR speed is good in Raleigh. I recently saw an ad on TV that RR has
> doubled their speed (they actually said "50% increase"). I didn't notice any
> increase in speed. I also didn't notice any effects from this "slow
> browsing" issue either.

I'm an RR customer in Durham, and after I saw that ad, I checked and sure
enough, I have 3Mbps download now instead of 2. I've heard that they did
this in preparation for a marketing campaign about being twice as fast as
ADSL. The only time I really notice the speed increase is when
downloading large files from machines at UNC.

James