internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] nc.rr.com

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Scott <catfather AT donpoo.net>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] nc.rr.com
  • Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2004 15:18:02 -0500

On Jan 5, 2004, at 3:05 PM, Jim Ray wrote:

i'm going with portbridge.com dsl and have already placed the order. i hope
it works :-)

I've used ipass, and then later on portbridge, for my dialup and mail for about 10 years now. Great folks. If I ever jump to DSL they'll get my business. As long as I'm plugging ISP services if anyone needs extra mail accounts, or wants to switch a primary account, check out FastMail (http://fastmail.fm). Prices range from free to $50 a year and the service includes Web Mail, IMAP, POP, SMTP, Antivirus, Spam protection, and server side filters. They are currently doing beta trials for webdav space as well.

For me RR provides the bandwidth only. I handle DNS, Web, Email, and Newsgroups with other providers. For those that have not seen any RR 'browsing issues' are you by chance using your own DNS? I saw RR DNS problems back in Oct/Nov and rather than complain just setup my own DNS to work around it.

--
Scott (aim: bluecame1)
blog: http://sackheads.org/~scottrus/blog/