internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Good real estate agent for condos?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "K. Jo Garner" <kelly AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Good real estate agent for condos?
  • Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2003 21:24:14 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 11 Aug 2003, Tom Boucher wrote:
->When we were looking for a place to live before moving out here, the
->first word out of almost all of the people, strangers to co-workers was
->'Don't live in Durham'
->
->Not exactly the ringing endorsement. When I lady at the grocery store
->in Durham said that, we got nervous.
->
->Heard things like crime, corrupt police force, bad education system,
->all sorts of things.

Gee, was it like the place you moved away from? ;)

Sorry, but people who say things like that generally don't live in the
place/town any longer or attribute the actions of a few to the intentions
of many.

There's plenty of people who would say much the same about Cary - Don't
live in Cary, it caters to pushy yuppies with SUVs and too many children.
Of course, don't believe people until you've had a chance to check it out
yourself - unless you have no need to make up your own mind about things.

Cheers
KJ

www.answerbag.com - "It's in the Bag"
http://www.ibiblio.org/kelly -=*= kelly <@> unc.edu