internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Good real estate agent for condos?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Laurie VanDine <laurie AT bizrace.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Good real estate agent for condos?
  • Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2003 22:18:25 -0400

I'd have to agree 100% with KJ. And I have to laugh at your description of
Cary! My husband and I just moved to NC a year and a half ago from California
(although Ken is originally from the Outer Banks of NC, he spent the last 10
years in CA). When we first arrived and were looking to buy a home, we
thought
we really liked Chapel Hill and Cary (although everybody did give us that
EXACT
same description of Cary that KJ just did!). Cary is very much like the South
Bay Area of Northern CA. It felt comfortable to us. But, we settled in
Durham
in the Woodcroft area and absolutely LOVE it.

Chapel Hill (and Cary for that matter) are very expensive. You can get the
same
house in a nice area of Durham (and yes, there are very nice areas of Durham)
for $100K less than in Chapel Hill. And for those people with children,
childcare expense is also something to consider. Childcare in Chapel Hill is
on
the average about $1000/mo for one child (an infant). In Durham, for a
comparable childcare center, it is about $700/mo for one infant. On a per
month
basis, that's a BIG difference! $1000/mo. for childcare is absolutely
ridiculous if you ask me. And since we have a 7-month old, saving $300/mo.
was
very important to us. As far as schools go, the elementary school in our area
is the number one elementary school in Durham.

It really all depends on what type of person you are as to what area you will
like best. Ken and I wouldn't fit in very well in Carrboro! But, we do like
the area of Durham that we live in.

*NEW! Ashlyn's web site: http://ashlyn.vandine.org
(A work in progress ever growing and changing by the month just like Ashlyn!)

There never was a
Child so lovely but her
Mother was glad to see her asleep :-)
--Ralph Waldo Emerson