internetworkers - [internetworkers] Re: Spam [tangent #1]

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: machett AT ibiblio.org
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [internetworkers] Re: Spam [tangent #1]
  • Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 18:46:22 -0400

>> Maybe that kind of thing only works on the already good-natured, and
>> exposure of the same kind would never stop a spammer. Maybe so. We've
>> all agreed that killing people is wrong. We all know it, it's part of the
>> air we breath. But the fact that everyone knows that killing people is
>> wrong is a luxury of the time and place in which we live.

this is soooo off-topic, but the paragraph above got me thinking...

It's the "we" mentioned above that gets me. Lately, I've taken to
magic-markering-out the "In God We Trust" on all of my money, because "we" do
not. "You" might, but I sure as hell don't.
Likewise, with over six billion of us plaguing this planet, I think a little
killing is in order, somewhere on the order of about five billion worth.
Nature and Death simply cannot keep pace with our medical progress.

Hey, the Celts and numerous other peoples viewed war and killing almost like
a sport, something to do for the weekend.
"Seamus! Where're ye off to?"
"Oh, I heard the McIntyres were having a slow time of it. I thought I'd go
liven things up a bit with a good war!"

So let's support Bush, Jr., and all his wars, if only to spare a bit more
oxygen for the rest of us!

;)

-Alan