internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Safari and Internetworkers

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Steven Champeon <schampeo AT hesketh.com>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Safari and Internetworkers
  • Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 10:15:14 -0500

on Tue, Jan 14, 2003 at 09:46:11PM -0500, Josep L. Guallar-Esteve wrote:
> Howdy,
>
> Aside from Franklin Street goodies, email disclaimers and American
> Cities, I've been reading about Safari, Apple's web browser.
>
> Reading on and on, I came through this article, which quotes one
> internetworker:
>
> http://zdnet.com.com/2100-1104-980492.html
>
> Should I cheer? *grin*

Hey, cheer if you want. :) Paul's been following the Web Standards
Project for years for ZDnet, and I've recently become the default sound
byte guy when he's doing an article on browsers or whatever. Nothing
new, really, just happens that Jeffrey Zeldman is writing a book and
has taken a sabbatical from the WaSP.

Am I the only one who /isn't/ getting amazing speed from Safari, btw?
Everyone I talk to thinks IE5/Mac is /slow/ and Safari is zippy, but
my experience so far (on a G3/400 Pismo) has been the opposite. Shrug.

Book publishing is second only to furniture delivery in slowness. -b. schneier