internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] More car shopping

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Steven Champeon <schampeo AT hesketh.com>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] More car shopping
  • Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2002 10:55:56 -0500

on Wed, Dec 18, 2002 at 09:33:36PM -0500, Michael Winslow Czeiszperger wrote:

> On Wednesday, December 18, 2002, at 06:04 PM, Steven Champeon wrote:
>
> > My mom worked with cement testers, so we always had cement cores
> > instead of cinder blocks :)
>
> Cement sounds good, but wouldn't they roll around?

Yes, and they certainly did. It added an element of fun to what would
have been a far more boring experience ;)

> I learned to drive in a green Ford Country Squire, in the winter, with
> two 75 pound bags of rock salt in the back. This had the advantage of
> also being useful if you got stuck.
>
> The car looked much like this one:
> http://www.aswoa.com/wpe294.jpg

I had a girlfriend whose sister used to have a yellow Buick Roadmaster
that looked a lot like that. It could climb walls and jump ditches. Just
a tank on wheels. I never worried about going off the road in that thing.

http://www.aswoa.com/wpe4A.jpg

Book publishing is second only to furniture delivery in slowness. -b. schneier