internetworkers - [internetworkers] Re: AOL granted instant messaging patent

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Lance A. Brown" <lance AT bearcircle.net>
  • To: Internetworkers List <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [internetworkers] Re: AOL granted instant messaging patent
  • Date: 21 Dec 2002 14:57:43 -0500

Nope. Prior art disqualifies a patent. If you file for a patent and
someone else can demonstrate that your idea was implemented by someone
else before you applied for the patent, the patent is void.

IANAPL, so the nuances are beyond me,
--[Lance]

Carolina Spirit Quest - www.carolinaspiritquest.org
Celebrate The Circle - www.angelfire.com/nc/celebratethecircle/