internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] More car shopping

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Josep L. Guallar-Esteve" <jlguallar AT maduixa.net>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] More car shopping
  • Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2002 21:19:34 -0500

On Thursday 19 December 2002 08:0520pm, zman wrote:
> Well I've roadraced motorcycles, nothing quite like drifting through
> the turns at 120mph + with your knee on the ground. Now I'm thinking
> WKA C class superkarts, kinda like shifter Karts on methanol on
> roadcourses...

going through turns at 120 mph+ with a motocycle? You sound as crazy as
both my dad and my grandpa.

Why going 120 mph+ (!!!)! when you can do it at 100 mph?

I'd say to you as I said to my dad: "I'll never never going to lend you
my motorcycle".

I sayed this after he drove me around town (think Manhattan kind of
town), at 85 mph, during rush hour. Any my motorcycle has just been
through a specialy nice paint job. Dad shattered my own record of
"home-to-bus station" for a wide margin... and mine was accomplished at
3:00 am, with no traffic!!!

Disclaimer: I must add that both my dad and my grandpa are former racing
pilots, so they know how to drive anything with wheels. And even today,
my dad still goes to G.P. circuits so he can go *really* fast. Because
going 125 mph on regular roads is not fast enough for him.

120 mph+ .... crazy guys ...

Salut,
Josep
--