internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] More car shopping

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Mike Johnson <mike AT enoch.org>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] More car shopping
  • Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 22:02:01 -0500

Kristen James Eberlein [kristeneberlein AT mindspring.com] wrote:
> OK, this is a return to the car shopping thread of earlier this year.
>
> Has anyone actually driven a MiniCooper-S?
>
> My car, a 1996 Ford Probe GT, was totaled by falling tree limbs in the
> recent ice storm. I'm thinking seriously about an Accura RSX-S , but am
> tempted by the MiniCooper (for some reason, it reminds me of the 1960s
> Citroens that my parents drove.)

Might I add one more car to your shopping list? Take a look at the
Subaru Impreza WRX. I was [0] -very- pleased with mine. It was
incredibly comfortable (ride and seats), perfectly docile until you
got into the gas, and then took off like a bat out of hell and was just
generally a blast to drive. It's an all-wheel drive vehicle, which has
its advantages (excellent traction in not so excellent conditions).

It isn't going to remind you of any Citroens, but if you're looking at
the RSX, it'd be a shame to not stop by a Subaru dealer (but, for the
love of god, please don't buy from Southern States).

Mike

[0] Why am I talking in past tense? A month ago, the car was totalled.
It was only one month old at the time. The car did one hell of a job in
the accident [1] -- a car pulled out in front of us as we were going 50 Mph.
Hopefully, its replacement will arrive this month.

[1] http://www.trilug.org/~mike/albums/accident/index.html
--
"If life hands you lemons, YOU BLOW THOSE LEMONS TO BITS WITH
YOUR LASER CANNONS!" -- Brak

GNUPG Key fingerprint = ACD2 2F2F C151 FB35 B3AF C821 89C4 DF9A 5DDD 95D1