internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] More car shopping

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Ron Thigpen <rthigpen AT nc.rr.com>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] More car shopping
  • Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2002 10:05:57 -0500

zman wrote:

I treat it just like the telecomm companies I've worked for, They ask the
engineers, then the damn sales and marketing group does what ever the hell
they want. Sorry I just don't trust the big corporations any more.

i'm with you there, but if don't know a roller bearing from a camber plate then sometimes it's better to play the warranty game.

I feel the miata is a wee bit underpowered for what it is supposed to be,
if given the chance drive an old Sunbeam Alpine from the late sixties,
it'll tear the miata a neew one, let a lone the Sunbeam Tiger, just think
miata with a 5.0 motor...

sure, but any machine is fun to drive at it's limits, pretty much regardless of how low or high those limits are. and those beautiful Tigers just shift the balance around from lack of power out the Alpine's stock 1600 to the handling "excitement" of a heavy nose and overpowered brakes and tires. (not that this isn't a desirable change) of course, if you're not keeping it stock, disk brakes and an alloy block would make nice mods. or you could do an engine swap on the miata, or just call Jackson and get blower, or put a pulley, intake and chip into a Cooper-S or, or...

ok. back to work.

--rt