internetworkers - Re: New topic, but ...

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: David Minton <dminton AT mindspring.com>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: New topic, but ...
  • Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 17:33:01 -0400

Check out Weber. I bought a Genesis Silver B last year and have been very
happy with it. It did cost about $450, though. I have never seen Webers go
on sale, and they seem to be the same price everywhere.

There is a smaller gas grill (I believe 2 burners instead of 3) for about
$350.

The Weber gas grills heat hotter, and more evenly then most competitors. I
read a good review of them in a cook magazine, as well as Consumer Reports.

You can check them out at both of our local hardware stores, though I bought
mine at Home Depot, since they are the only ones to sell them with cast iron
grill surfaces standard.

While I like cooking on charcoal best (charcoal mind you, not petroleum soak
compresses sawdust cubes), I am a bit lazy. You have to keep charcoal on
hand, and you have to dump the ashes.

Gas may not flavor the food as well, but it is always ready (even in
winter), and you don't have to worry about adding coals if you need to grill
multiple batches of food.

David

*