internetworkers - Re: Stopping terrorism

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Greg Cox <glcox AT pobox.com>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Stopping terrorism
  • Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2001 14:55:15 -0400 (EDT)

> Remember, we are only looking at passenger airlines. There are cargo
> aircraft and general aviation. There is no security in these areas.

There are no metal detectors and minimum wage gatekeepers
waving wands at you, but I have been challenged multiple times
by RDU airport personnel while I was acting suspicious (read:
looking through planes but not obviously preflighting) on the
General Aviation ramp.

GA has a hard enough time avoiding black eyes (JFKJr's spatial
disorientation almost cost us visual flight at night) without
being branded as having "no security."