internetworkers - Re: Stopping terrorism

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: mdthomas AT mindspring.com
  • To: internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: Stopping terrorism
  • Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2001 16:52:10 -0400

It seems that we are looking too hard at the
single tactic: civilian aircraft as bombs. This
is only one tactic of many that can be used
in an open society.

We'll never feel safe again. The question
is whether are actions in the coming days
will lead to greater safety or less. The
further we proceed down the road of retribution
the more closed of a society we'll have to
be.

"give evil nothing to oppose and it will dissappear"

-tao te ching

> what other tactics haven't we thought of which are just as
> obvious vulnerabilities?

That list is scary indeed, biological, etc...
These other tactics will reveal themselves
even if we turned our cheeks. At least this
horrible act will bring new focus to this new,
yet not so new, enemy.