internetworkers - Re: Stopping terrorism

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Shea Tisdale" <shea AT sheatisdale.com>
  • To: "InterNetWorkers" <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Stopping terrorism
  • Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2001 16:05:39 -0400

I agree that a big plane does more, but you have to remember these people
spent enough time to go to flight school in order to execute their attacks.
Chartering a small plane or buying a small plane
and loading it full of explosives could cause just as much damage. A small,
fast jet could probably be used to hit AirForce 1 while in the air or could
be used to great affect against other structures.

The cost of this operation didn't seem to be a factor. Those flight schools
charge a pretty steep price - a regular pilots license for a single engine
plane can cost more than $2000 and for large jet it's
much, much more. And these people bought houses, rented apartments, etc.

A bit more dedication and time to this and they could have been your actual
pilot on those planes.