internetworkers - RE: carrboro in the n&o

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Heather Hesketh <heather AT hesketh.com>
  • To: "InterNetWorkers" <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: carrboro in the n&o
  • Date: Tue, 07 Mar 2000 11:41:09 -0500

At 11:28 AM 3/7/2000 -0500, j. alfred prufrock wrote:

>the dope on the street is that if you want your name in the n&o
>repeatedly, all you have to do is ask. that's pretty much business as
>usual for any newspaper. the squeaky wheel gets the attention of oil.
>also, local editors are pretty much starved for filler.

Oh, I'm not questioning that at all. I know exactly how folks get into the N&O, ask any N&O reader :)

I'm just surprised that the same Carrboro scene is repeatedly news, that's all. I'm not jealous, which is what it seems I've come across as, given the responses to my original post. I was honestly just wondering if anyone else found it much less news than the first time or two they read the same story.

Heather

--
Heather A. Hesketh ! hesketh.com/inc
Web consultant ! vox: 919.834.2552

tired of being an underappreciated functionary in a soulless machine?
hesketh.com is hiring: <http://hesketh.com/careers/>