internetworkers - Re: Knockoff Site

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Danielle Inman" <dinman AT nortelnetworks.com>
  • To: 'InterNetWorkers' <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Knockoff Site
  • Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2000 13:51:19 -0500

Title: RE: [internetworkers] Re: Knockoff Site

ZDNet has shareware that will somewhat protect your source code.  It isn't fullproof, but it keeps amateurs from stealing your work, since in most cases it IS amateurs that steal it because they don't know what the #$^$ they are doing in the first place.  I found this site that has two downloadable shareware programs.  I havn't tried them so I don't swear by them, but you might want to give it a try and see if it helps.

http://www.zdnet.co.uk/pcmag/labs/1998/06/html/11.html

Danielle