internetworkers - Re: Knockoff Site

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Shea Tisdale <shea AT networkarts.com>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Knockoff Site
  • Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2000 10:22:51 -0500

I disagree. If you let them get away with stealing your content or design
without it costing them and being a public embarrassment then they will just
do it again.

I think you need to pursue it legally and in the media. It's a validation
of you, your company and your content.

Yes, it costs money - but if you win they should be liable for all of those
costs as well as for damages.

Also, failing to defend yourself can result in a total loss of rights. If
you don't pursue them legally for stealing your logo, your image, your
content, etc you can lose it - it can become public domain.

Shea Tisdale
President
NetworkArts, Incorporated
353 West Main Street