internetworkers - Re: Knockoff Site

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Thomas Beckett <thomas AT tbeckett.com>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Knockoff Site
  • Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2000 14:58:11 -0500

Shea Tisdale wrote:
> How about a web site that simply allows designers to submit their story and
> evidence. We take no position in the matter. We let people argue about it
> and chat about it.

This type of thing is ideally suited for the bulletin-board
functionality offered by many types of community support software. Our
own Hesketh.com folks engage in that sort of thing with some of their
clients, as has catalogue.com at various times.

The [Inet-dev] team has discussed incorporating such functionality in
the INW Website. It's certainly something this group could use. At
present, we've got a dandy site under construction, but the plan is to
get the basics up and running and then turn to more complicated stuff.

Anyone wants to help out, just sign up for [Inet-dev].

Tom