internetworkers - Re: Knockoff Site

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Acipa Media Inc." <Info AT AcipaMedia.com>
  • To: "InterNetWorkers" <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Knockoff Site
  • Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2000 06:56:27 -0800

>This kind of stuff happen to me with http://www.javajobs.com this guy
hardly even changed
>the name "www.javajobsonline.com"
>rip out the content from my site and started his. I would be interested
in what can be
>done, and what steps you have taken to stop content thief, other then the
thoughts of
>where I might stick a hot needle in this guy.
>
>Doug

That's a hard question. A very public challenge will only make you both
look bad. The
lag time and cost of suing is not attractive either. If the person doesn't
cease and
desist upon your notification you have a long road to go. We were lucky in
that we
appealed to the guy who ripped us off sense of decency.

Steve