homestead - Re: [Homestead] Not so fast

  • From: Clansgian AT wmconnect.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Not so fast
  • Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2010 15:17:36 EDT

> >The illegal fishing and over fishing is a major problem.

There was a hot debate on the local radio program a few weeks ago about
whether marijuana use led to harder drug use. Those proposing this, I
though,
committed the very sort of error of logic I've pointed out .... while most
people using heroin and cocaine used marijuana first, most people who use
marijuana never use the more dangerous drugs.

What was pointed out, and I think this holds a lot of water, is the most of
us don't want to break the law. Ever. What marijuana does is not so much
introduce someone to drugs but rather introduces someone to illegality.
They have overcome their reluctance to break the law ... and THIS leads to
using worse (and more illegal) drugs and other illegal behavior.

Can it be so different with illegal immigrants? I don't buy the "better
life" argument. Once you have overcome your reluctance to break the law,
more
lawlessness is just to easy to follow.
</HTML>