homestead - Re: [Homestead] Not so fast

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT com-pair.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Not so fast
  • Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2010 12:33:03 -0700

In that case, dad implied the car was for him. Second childhood and all that "Oh my god I've passed 30" nonsense.

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: <Clansgian AT wmconnect.com>

First, I have nothing against suicide. People do it all the time, quickly
or slowly.

But that doesn't answer your question.

If it is important to you what someone does with what you sell them, the
time to look into that is BEFORE you agree to the sale. My own feelings
about that is that I can't control what people do. Dozens of times I've traced
down offers of sheep and rabbits for sale only to find that the person
wanted me to foreswear that I did not intend to eat them.

The example of the car: What if, instead of being a high performance car
which you thought the person did not have the skill and judgment to operate,
it had been a stoggie old beat up van or pickup like I drive? How can you
prevent selling that to a complete klutz and moron who is going to get
killed in it just as surely?

So I'd say if you are concerned, interview the buyer much more closely than
an unconcerned person would. "This is a dangerous car and I'm not selling
it to just anyone!" Then if you find htat the person has misrepresented
themselves or their intentions, then there never was a legitimate agreement.
They did not act in good faith.</HTML>