homestead - Re: [Homestead] As I foretold you ...

  • From: Clansgian AT wmconnect.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] As I foretold you ...
  • Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2010 13:05:51 EDT

> > I "get" the economy presently
> having its way with us. BUT, IMHO, jobs will never recover. Jobs are
> being
> phased out by technology regardless of the inflated BS of wall street and
> sub prime loans defaulting.

That, certainly, but there's other factors afoot as well. Starting at
least as far back as 1970 when the US was the 'swing producer' of oil, the US
economy as firmly based on mining things, making things, and growing things.
A good basis! When US oil peaked as predicted, we began to import more and
more oil. About then we also seemed to be carried along on the paradigm and
began to import all and sundry manufactured items. We have followed suit
in the last decade by increasingly importing food. All this while the
people who used to be employed in mining, making, and growing things began an
ever-growing move to "service" jobs ... until over the past couple of decades
most people are employed in some form of paper shuffling, computer bit
crunching, coordinating, facilitating, adivsing, counseling, ... all of which
eventually gave way to an economy based on investing, speculating, and
gambling.

Now we hear the longing and expectation for the economy to "return".
Return to what? More house flipping and internet poker? What is happening
now,
says I, is the deflation of the bags of air we have all been tossing about
to each other and pretending that it was work. The jobs as coordinators,
advisors, speculators, flippers, and all such are being volitilized away like
the dross that they are and they are not coming back ... ever.

Add to that, as was pointed out, USPS jobs and also:

- for the first time in living memory the magic spell cast on education has
been breeched. Municipalities are cutting back on educational funding,
programs, personnel, and expenses. Once the grip of the brainwashing that if
you don't fund schools more and more, then you hate children is loosed, there
is no end to how modest educational expenses will be in the near future.

- with Obama care on the way there will be a great reduction in the number
of medica personnel and jobs in related fields. This might seem
counter-intuitive, but as we approach universal care, we will also approach
simplified
care. No more treatment for Restless Hangnail Syndrome or substituting a
twenty minute daily walk with liver killing drugs.

- with an industry like housing in the toilet for the foreseeable (if not
imaginable) future, it will take with it real estate agents, mortgage
brokers, inspectors, bank personnel (already happening), drywall hangers,
granite
counter top installers, appraisers, etc. etc.

The 'economy' of our near future is going to be very different. To those
who look for the economy of the past decade to return it will appear as if
there is no economy at all.

James</HTML>