homestead - Re: [Homestead] As I foretold you ...

  • From: Robert Walton <waltonrp AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] As I foretold you ...
  • Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2010 12:57:46 -0400

> I have noticed that there has been little on this list from those who
> supported Obama during the Chosen One's campaign. So, just curious. Anyone
> here still support Him. If so, care to explain why?<

There never was much on this list in support of Obama. There was much
anti-Obama posting on the list.

Obama has done nothing to make me embarrassed to have him as President
of the country. He's done very few things differently than I think
another candidate would have with the exception of Ron Paul. I had
higher hopes, but then again, he's got 3 more years at least.

It's annoying and very Rush Limbaugh-like that people capitalize "Him"
and "Chosen One" when they refer to him. I guess relating him to a god
is equal to the disrespect that people showed George Bush. It's a
shame that disrespect of the President is okay, guess it's just a sign
of the times.

Nope, no reason yet to make me embarrassed about President Obama. I'm
not hopeful that any politician is going to make big changes in this
country. The change that's needed starts with people, society and
their attitudes.

Rob - Va